call for performers from all backgrounds
ACT INTERNATIONAL VOICE & PERFORMANCE RESIDENCY 2019
HOSTED BY CENTRO ANIDRA
An immersive, intensive 19-day workshop focused on international artistic collaboration, physio-vocal actor training, and ensemble performance practice.
The training will provide participants with a deep insight into the core aspects
of Moon Fool's ACT (Actor - Chorus - Text) methodology, including:
Breath and Balance - Ensemble Training - Polyphonic Singing (both traditional and original compositions) -
Movement - Dynamic Chorus Work - Improvisation - Embodied Composition
Guest Instructor (2nd week)
As participants you will experience:
· A rigorous daily training comprising of music, voice, movement and text work
· An innovative, embodied approach to working with relationality, sound and text in performance
· Minimum 5 hours contact time per day
· Collaboration with international guest artists
· The opportunity to live as a company with actors and performing artists from around the world
· A public sharing of work at the end of the residency
· Time for reflection, discussion, and exploring the locality
· 6hrs a week working on the biodynamic farm led by our host centre, Centro Anidra
· Three home-cooked meals of organic produce from the farm per day incl. catering for all diets
· Guided trip to regional beaches and around local trekking routes
· Fresh waterfall suitable for swimming only 5 minutes walk
· On site Finnish Sauna, Professional masseur (reduced rates) plus a la carte options
We are looking for:
· Performers of all backgrounds interested in: vocal presence; physical theatre; music theatre; psycho-physical acting practice; equality and diversity in theatre; international/intercultural art exchange; ensemble practice
7 - 26 September 2019
(arrive for evening 7 Sept, depart after lunch 26 Sept)
EARLYBIRD - £1600 - BEFORE 29 APRIL 2019
FULL FEE - £1800 - BEFORE 10 AUGUST 2019
Some subsidised places are available to strong applications on no/low wage, and those with Erasmus funding.
Centro Anidra is an Erasmus + organisation. Please request a Skype interview with id: giulia.siffu
We are happy to support visa and funding applications.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining why you want to take part to ACTanidra@gmail.com
Any queries or enquiries also very welcome.
"When an experiment works, the theory becomes a proven fact. Moon Fool is an international company with passion and talent that has fused together a unique theatrical practice that is proven groundbreaking and world class.
The theatrical work of the company, as led by director Anna-Helena McLean, is charged, intelligent, sensory, sweeping and immersive. The company gathers motion, music, image, text and performance into a thrilling and mysterious space where their stories unfold with rich archetypal energy. Quality, craft and detail are evident in every moment.
Anna-Helena McLean's work as an actor trainer shows the honest process behind the company's stunning theatrical pieces. She brings powerful transformation to students conducting them into the deepest expressive parts of themselves through intense physicality and play, ceaseless attention to ensemble, vocal release, and impulsive bravery. Her Actor-Chorus-Text work is immediate, inclusive, effective and unforgettable"
Head of Graduate Acting at The Theatre School at DePaul University
Founding Artistic Director of Plasticene Physical Theater
Alumni Director for The Second City
Broadway Director, Grace, 2012